This is the Szabadsag Hid bridge in Budapest Hungary. Translated that means Liberty or Freedom Bridge. It took 2 years to completed with the opening in 1896 with Emperor Franz Joseph putting the last silver rivet in the iron structure on the Pest abutment. The bridge connects Buda and Pest across the Danube River. It features art nouveau design, mythological sculptures and the country’s coat of arms on the sides. Interestingly, this was the first bridge in Budapest to be rebuilt after being badly damaged in World War II.
To view a larger version, click HERE