Sorry I’ve been absent the last couple of days. We had friends visiting us from Michigan and we were running all over western Pennsylvania doing things with them. Here is a list of some things we did over the last three days:
· Toured Lauren Caverns
· Visited National Park Service’s Fort Necessity & General Braddock’s Grave
· Visited Ohiopyle State Park (2 waterfalls and each tried the natural rock water slide)
· Watched the Pirates beat the Mets at PNC Park
· Toured Heinz Field
· Ate at Primanti Brothers in Market Square
· Visited The Point State Park
· Ate ice cream at Sarris
· Explored some of the international rooms and the Great Hall within The Cathedral Of Learning at the University of Pittsburgh
· Looked at Pittsburgh from the Outlooks on top of Mt. Washington
· …… and we still had time to barbeque, visit, etc….
Needless to say it was a great time. So I have two pictures for you tonight. The first is a picture of “L” (name hidden to protect the innocent) riding the natural rock water slide at Ohiopyle State Park. The zoomed in section showing his facial expression is classic…..and probably how mine looked when I took my turn….. The second picture is a panoramic HDR photo I took while we toured Heinz Field.
I want to send a big thanks to our friends. We had a great time and I am glad they came to visit.
NOTE: The picture of "L" on the rock water slide was removed at the request of one of the parents. I checked in advance and got approval to post the picture. I didn't use any names and kept everything generic to avoid any issues. But apparently that wasn't okay...... Regardless, removing the photo is fine because it won't eliminate all the fun, memories and experiences we had during the visit.
If you click the Heinz Field photo above, you'll get a larger (much cooler) version.